Sunday 15 April 2012

a little sewing time

I had a tiny bit of spare time today (about an hour!) & I have been desperate to get my sewing machine out and practise my sewing & cutting techniques. This is what I quickly made...


a felt 'cushion' to put inside my car boot sale bargain 'pot', so that I could keep my beloved scissors & punch 'safely' inside! Yes, I know (my husband rolled his eyes when I showed him it!)


a little felt & fabric needlecase/pincase for myself as I wanted to practise my stitches.








I think my stitches are a little wonky and I should have ironed my needle cases before photographing. Plus, I should have really used Bondaweb for my applique and my cutting out & lining up is a bit iffy in places but I really enjoyed practising & think my results are quite sweet!


My youngest Daughter begged me to make a little needlecase for her too! I quickly, cut & stitched it while she was getting ready for bed as a surprise!

Louise
*pur-ple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments relevant to the post subject.

Any comments that I feel are inappropriate will be edited or deleted.

I always look forward to reading your comments... thank you ever so much for posting them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails